Digital Marketing and Its Type
Digital marketing is of the most trending concepts today. All the organisations be it Big or small, or MNC are competing to have their website rank on the first page of Google search result page. And they are hiring talented professionals who could make this happen.
The need for professional digital marketers is rapidly growing. With most of the business shifting their operations online, digital marketing has become one of the highest job creating fields. As a result of this demand, more and more students are looking for digital marketing as the future career option. In fact, now at the time of Covid-19 people using digital marketing for brand awareness and for selling products online.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing refers to promoting or advertising a product or service online using internet. The number of companies who are using digital marketing is on the rise, but why are they using it?
Why is digital marketing important?
Digital marketing is a more cost-effective marketing channel than traditionally marketing like TV ads, newspaper, direct mailing, etc., which need heavy investment and offer no definite way of tracking the performance.
Digital marketing helps companies, especially small businesses with is building trust and brand awareness. Now, let’s learn about the types of digital marketing.
What are the types of digital marketing?
Although the trends are ever-changing, digital marketing wizards today tend to use the following types of digital marketing:
Search engine optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is another one of the most effective and important types of digital marketing for promoting a product or business. SEO is the process of optimizing a website and its content to get higher visibility in search engine results. SEO is crucial because many consumers shop online, using search engines such as Google. When they type in certain keywords, the search engine displayed results based on those specific keywords.
Advantages of SEO
There are several advantages to using SEO for a business. The following are the most important:
- SEO optimizes visibility with unpaid, organic search results.
- SEO leads traffic to relevant sites with specific keywords.
- SEO changes according to the changing demands of the customer.
Pay-Per-Click Marketing (PPC)
Pay-per-click (PPC) marketing is another type of digital marketing used to promote a business or product. it is almost the opposite of SEO: While SEO marketing is organic and free of cost, Companies pay for search engines to advertise their products through PPC ads.
When user use a search engine such as Google or Bing, they’ll see sponsored ads based on keywords. If they click through one of those ads to a company’s website, that company then pays Search engine such as google.
Advantages of PPC Marketing
- PPC marketing can generate a lot of revenue with a high Visibility.
- PPC marketing can benefit all parties, as customers find the products they’re looking for, businesses sell their products, and search engines make a profit.
Social Media Marketing (SMM)
About 4+ billion people use social media in 2020 — a 12% increase from 2019, according to Reports. it’s no surprise that social media marketing, with the use of influencers, has become one of the fastest emerging types of digital marketing. Social media channels have become even more prominent in last few years as more businesses and brands pay to have their products or services advertised on social media platforms.
Advantages of Social Media Marketing
- Many people are active social media users, social media marketing can reach a more audience.
- Businesses can directly engage with social media users through direct messaging.
- Customers can directly ask questions about products, promotions, and sales using social media.
Content marketing comprises the use of visual and written communication, from blog posts to memes and videos, to promote a business, brand, or product. Content can be anything posted online, from social media platforms to business websites.
The most important aspect of content marketing is understanding the target audience. To craft a piece of content most effectively, it’s crucial to know what potential customers want to purchase.
Advantages of Content Marketing
- Engages an audience
- Draws clients in by anticipating their desires
- Helps maintain relationships with customers through consistent communication
- Promotes products
- Informs customers about sales, coupons, and new products
Affiliate marketing involves individuals not working as full-time employees who earn a micro percentage sales commission. Affiliates differ from social media influencers in that they’re paid based on conversion rates.
Affiliate marketers choose products they think they can sell, and then promote them online. The affiliates then make a small profit from each product they sell for a company.
Advantages of Affiliate Marketing
- Affiliate marketing benefits businesses as well as affiliates, as both make a profit from the product.
- Affiliates can determine how much they want to work, and they make as much or as little as they desire.
- Businesses can also work with other businesses as affiliates. In these situations, companies can promote each other’s products and earn a profit from them.